Language change proposal

Richard A. O'Keefe ok@REDACTED
Fri Oct 24 04:42:49 CEST 2003

Chris Pressey <cpressey@REDACTED> suggested:
	It's a good idea, but wouldn't it be easier to write code that works on
	different versions if it was done with macros,  e.g.

	  -ifdef(?ERLANG_5_3).
	[snip]
	  -endif.

	I think this would be the way to go if you wanted to write code that
	takes advantage of new features while still being able to compile and
	run on older installations.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!

Someone please tell me this was a late April Fools' joke?

If would be nice if people finally understood why the Ada requirements
explicitly required that there *NOT* be a preprocessor or conditional
compilation facility...