Erlang Deployment package

Lennart Öhman lennart.ohman@REDACTED
Tue Oct 14 19:17:12 CEST 2003

Hi,
you need the a complete erlang-machine to run Erlang, also in runtime.
What you might not need are all the libraries of Erlang code (or applications)
The only reason for removing them would be to save space,
either on the installation target or during the distribution (the target
is downloading over a modem-line for instance).

Having a lot of files in a deployment is error prone too, and makes trouble-
shooting much harder. For that purpose I recommend you to look at
Joe's stand alone Erlang. I have no experience from it, but it seems
like something you want to check-out.

http://www.sics.se/~joe/sae.html

Best Regards,
Lennart

dhanasekaran chenniappan wrote:
> Hi,
>  Can any one send me the details about creating deployment package for ERLANG beam on windows 2000 OS. Is it need to install the entire ERLANG environment in the system for run the application.
>
> regards
> dhanas

Lennart Ohman                   phone   : +46-8-587 623 27
Sjoland & Thyselius Telecom AB  cellular: +46-70-552 6735
Sehlstedtsgatan 6               fax     : +46-8-667 8230
SE-115 28 STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN     email   : lennart.ohman@REDACTED