Supervisor shutdown

Vlad Dumitrescu vlad_dumitrescu@REDACTED
Tue Nov 25 10:32:35 CET 2003

From: "HEINRICH VENTER" <HEINRICH.VENTER@REDACTED>
> So how do I stop the application  and ensure that my gen_server terminate code
gets executed??

Hi,

It should work without any tweaks. From documentation of gen_server, the
terminate callback:

If the gen_server is part of a supervision tree and is ordered by its supervisor
to terminate, this function will be called with Reason=shutdown if the following
conditions apply:
    -the gen_server has been set to trap exit signals, and
    -the shutdown strategy as defined in the supervisor's child specification is
an integer timeout value, not brutal_kill.

Maybe these conditions aren't met?

regards,
Vlad