Restricting distributed Erlang to one host

Ulf Wiger ulf.wiger@REDACTED
Sat Nov 22 13:21:20 CET 2003

You can use net_kernel:allow(Nodes) to make sure
that only the right nodes connect.

The nodes could make themselves known e.g.
through a http-based login procedure, or you
could easily write a gen_tcp-based registration
protocol.

Hacking net_kernel.erl is perhaps a more manly
way to go about it, but hardly recommended.
In this case, the function to attack is setup/4,
an it would be a trivial hack.

/Uffe

--
Ulf Wiger