doesn't tapestry sound like it should be written in erlang?

Ulf Wiger ulf.wiger@REDACTED
Tue Nov 11 23:45:35 CET 2003

On 11 Nov 2003 09:22:28 -0600, Martin J. Logan <mlogan@REDACTED>
wrote:

I had a dream once that I had been programming everyday with
> a full implementation of all these "new" "ideas" for the last four
> years. Even funnier part of the dream is that the technology had been
> around for ten.

This is a bit like those Apple ads a few years back:
"In Windows 95, you can delete files by dragging them to a trash can.
Imagine that..."

"In Windows 95, you can have file names longer than 8 characters.
Imagine that..."

etc.

It made for cute commercials, but in the end, it probably didn't make
a difference. People still thought it was a novelty to be able to use
a trashcan icon on the desktop, and half the world probably still
believes Bill Gates invented the concept.  ;-)

/Uffe
--
Ulf Wiger