Tree structures

Vlad Dumitrescu Vlad.Dumitrescu@REDACTED
Tue Nov 4 15:53:06 CET 2003

Luke wrote:
>If there is no ordering/balancing/etc in these trees, what operations are you
>interested in getting from a library?

I didn't mean it's rocket science :-) I am just lazy and didn't want to write it myself!

What I want is operations like insert_sibling_before, insert_sibling_after, insert_child_first, insert_child_last. Also it should be possible to move around entire subtrees.

In the meanwhile, I managed to find an implementation that I had written myself, which was not a 100% match, but it can be adapted. It would be nice if stdlib did include such nice data structures and algorithms. I plan to contribute my implementation when it's ready.

regards,
Vlad