Eppur si sugat

Bengt Kleberg eleberg@REDACTED
Tue May 27 10:54:47 CEST 2003

> Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 10:40:00 +0200 (CEST)
> From: Joe Armstrong <joe@REDACTED>
...deleted
>   << and yes, I guess you will response that "Joe is attacking Java and
> not OOP. He has confused the ideas of OOP with what is present in Java".
> To which I would answer "since there is no generally accepted idea as
> what OOP means I am forced to pick a specific language which claims to
> be an OO language and then tell you what's wrong with it" >>

there is an oo book, without language. ie, a book that claims to deal
with oo, and not a particular oo language. it is ''object oriented
software construction'', by bertrand meyer. perhaps it would be
possible to aim the anti-oo critique towards the ideas in that book?

failing that, would it not be better to pick a ''good'' oo language? if
nothing else it would avoid the ''that is just a strawman'' type of
argumentation you are refering to.

bengt