Very strange behaviour!

Chandrashekhar Mullaparthi Chandrashekhar.Mullaparthi@REDACTED
Fri May 23 16:33:15 CEST 2003

There is a -init_debug option for erl - it works with werl as well.

chandru: /export/home/chandru 501>erl -init_debug
{progress,preloaded}
{progress,kernel_load_completed}
{progress,modules_loaded}
{start,heart}
{start,error_logger}
{start,application_controller}
{progress,init_kernel_started}
{apply,{application,load,[{application,stdlib,[{description,"ERTS  CXC 138
10"},{vsn,"1.11.3"},{id,[]},{modules,[beam_lib,c,calendar,dets,dets_server,d
ets_sup,dets_utils,dets_v8,dets_v9,dict,digraph,digraph_utils,edlin,epp,eval
_bits,erl_bits,erl_compile,erl_eval,erl_id_trans,erl_internal,erl_lint,erl_p
arse,erl_posix_msg,erl_pp,erl_scan,erl_tar,error_logger_file_h,error_logger_
tty_h,ets,file_sorter,filelib,filename,gb_trees,gb_sets,gen,gen_event,gen_fs
m,gen_server,io,io_lib,io_lib_format,io_lib_fread,io_lib_pretty,lib,lists,li
sts_sort,log_mf_h,math,ms_transform,orddict,ordsets,otp_internal,pg,pool,pro
c_lib,proplists,queue,random,regexp,sets,shell,shell_default,slave,sofs,stri
ng,supervisor,supervisor_bridge,sys,timer,vector,win32reg]},{registered,[tim
er_server,rsh_starter,take_over_monitor,pool_master,dets]},{applications,[ke
rnel]},{included_applications,[]},{env,[]},{start_phases,undefined},{maxT,in
finity},{maxP,infinity}]}]}}
{apply,{application,load,[{application,sasl,[{description,"SASL  CXC 138
11"},{vsn,"1.9.4"},{id,[]},{modules,[sasl,alarm_handler,format_lib_supp,misc
_supp,otp_mib,overload,rb,rb_format_supp,release_handler,release_handler_1,e
rlsrv,sasl_report,sasl_report_tty_h,sasl_report_file_h,systools,systools_mak
e,systools_rc,systools_relup,systools_lib]},{registered,[sasl_sup,alarm_hand
ler,overload,release_handler]},{applications,[kernel,stdlib]},{included_appl
ications,[]},{env,[{sasl_error_logger,tty},{errlog_type,all}]},{start_phases
,undefined},{maxT,infinity},{maxP,infinity},{mod,{sasl,[]}}]}]}}
{progress,applications_loaded}
{apply,{application,start_boot,[kernel,permanent]}}
Erlang (BEAM) emulator version 5.2.2 [hipe] [threads:0]

{apply,{application,start_boot,[stdlib,permanent]}}
Eshell V5.2.2  (abort with ^G)
1> {apply,{application,start_boot,[sasl,permanent]}}

=PROGRESS REPORT==== 23-May-2003::15:29:45 ===
          supervisor: {local,sasl_safe_sup}
             started: [{pid,<0.33.0>},
                       {name,alarm_handler},