not a question, just a fun thing with syntax_tools

Bengt Kleberg eleberg@REDACTED
Thu May 22 07:25:57 CEST 2003

> The vi/emacs religious wars aside ..

since i use neither i think this is an axiom :-)

> Im my humble opinion exposing the emacs specific (and broken) way
> of indenting is just plain wrong.  The source shouldn't be tied to
> the editor.

(this could, on the oter hand be the start of an indention religious war :-)

having a ''common'' source code layout helps a lot when maintaining
large amounts of code. likewise with the same function/variable name
layout. (even if i do not understand the reason for
WritingVariablesWithoutSpaces, since
Variables_with_spaces_are_easier_to_read).
the problem is that there is no ''indent'' program for erlang. using
indent with a common .indent file before checking in source is a good
thing (tm). those who prefer another formating convention can use indent
after checking out.

atleast this worked very well for me in my (long past now :-) days of c
coding.

bengt