Very strange behaviour!

Chris Pressey cpressey@REDACTED
Wed May 21 08:59:30 CEST 2003

On Wed, 21 May 2003 06:31:33 +0200
"Vlad Dumitrescu" <vlad_dumitrescu@REDACTED> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > Well - um - not really, but maybe.
>
> I appreciate any kind of help!
>
> > More info might help (R9B-1? -name, -sname, or no distribution?)
>
> R9B1, and distribution doesn't matter. In any case, Epmd goes up
> properly.
>
> The erl.exe or werl.exe process doesn't just wait, but it keeps a CPU
> usage of over 90%, while the memory usage grows slowly from ~10M to
> ~14M(sometimes more). I just don't know what might be going on...
>
> The strange thing is that it worked fine directly after installation,
> both at home and at work. Maybe it's the revenge for not using it as
> much as before, and for trying out C#? :-)

OK, this is a *guess* - based on nothing more than an odd feeling -

When you [re]installed Erlang/OTP, did you choose to install Winsock 2?

If not - try it.

I was thinking about something else entirely when I suddenly got a
terrible feeling that installing C# might also install an 'innovative'
TCP/IP stack that Erlang doesn't like.  I know how cynical that sounds -
in fact I dearly hope it's NOT the case - BUT ... well, I'm paranoid :)

> regards,
> Vlad

-Chris