Release 1.0 of Erlang Driver Toolkit (EDTK) finally done

Scott Lystig Fritchie fritchie@REDACTED
Thu May 15 01:05:34 CEST 2003

Greetings.  I've finally finished fixing bugs and writing enough
non-pathetic documentation for the Erlang Driver Toolkit, EDTK, to
create a "1.0" release.  The source code is available at
http://www.snookles.com/erlang/edtk/.

The drivers bundled along with the EDTK distribution haven't changed
much: Berkeley DB 4.0.14, GD 1.8.4, libnet, libpcap, posix_drv,
simple1, and libspread.  However, the drivers that EDTK generates are
free (as far as I know) of all nasty memory allocation bugs.
Furthermore, they all pass their regression tests on FreeBSD, Linux,
and Solaris platforms.

The non-pathetic documentation is not great, but it's better than
nothing.  It includes:

1. A tutorial!  I wrote the tutorial while I was creating the libgd
   driver.  It demonstrates step-by-step how the driver was created to
   handle the various wacky data types used by libgd.

2. A FAQ.  To be honest, I haven't had many people ask questions about
   EDTK, so I created a bunch of questions that I asked myself.  :-)

As always, some of the best documentation is the regression test
source code itself, included with each driver.

Have fun!

-Scott