Erlang filesystem (was: Re: File versioning)

Luke Gorrie luke@REDACTED
Thu May 8 06:05:05 CEST 2003

Chris Pressey <cpressey@REDACTED> writes:

> Everything looks like normal files - in an Erlang environment.  That
> strikes me as the biggest drawback, at least for the sake of argument.
> I'd like to be able to use it from other programs with a minimum of
> fuss.  I can think of a few ways around it:
>
> 1- make Erlang's filesystem mountable as an OS-level filesystem

You can do this with my Erlang NFS server. It's a quick hack, very
non-robust and unfeatureful etc. It's in the Jungerl if you want to
play around - lib/enfs/.

I have a "/proc" filesystem included. With that you can grep process
dictionaries :-)

Cheers,
Luke