Pools, pipes and filters or Stream Algebra

Vlad Dumitrescu (EAW) Vlad.Dumitrescu@REDACTED
Mon Mar 24 11:57:37 CET 2003

Hi,

Just a short comment this time :-)

> Ultimately I would be interested in a Stream Algebra that encompasses
> streams and the operations that may occur on them, axioms and theories
> of computation equivalence using the algebra and an implementation of
> the operators inherent in such an algebra.  Given such an
> algebra it seems
> that graphical tools for developing a system would be much
> easier to use
> than that which OO promised to deliver.

For example,
http://www.dcs.shef.ac.uk/~ajc/dfa/
or a much heavier one at
http://www4.informatik.tu-muenchen.de/reports/TUM-I9620.html

Search with Google for "flow algebra"

I have to confess it seemed like heavy for me, possibly because I don't have studied the basics of the domain. But it might be what's needed...

regards,
Vlad