Extending Functionality: gen_server_ext

Vance Shipley vances@REDACTED
Thu Mar 20 19:29:43 CET 2003

On Thu, Mar 20, 2003 at 10:55:37AM -0600, martin j logan wrote:
}
}  Code is mostly referentially transparent except when it is
} "simpler" to cheat and have a global,

I was thinking recently about how I struggled with how to write
code without global variables when learning Erlang.  "How the hell
can you live without globals?" I asked.  It reminded me of learning
the C language.  "How the hell can you live without GOTOs?"(*) I
asked having only ever programmed in BASIC.  I've never used either
and no longer see any reason to do so.

	-Vance

(*) C does have a goto but you're told not to use it just as you're
    told not to use the process dictionary.