ets vs. mnesia ram_copies

Shawn Pearce spearce@REDACTED
Tue Mar 11 21:27:08 CET 2003

Thanks, that was basically what I was looking for, I guess.  :)

My intent is to do writes through a normal transaction, as right
now all writes are serialized anyway through a server process.  I
would rather to have the transaction semantic of being able to rollback
and have it be slower, then not have it.  The writes aren't my problem.
Its the reads. :)  If I went with Mnesia, I'd pretty much have to use
a dirty read of some sort.

As it is, I really need a couple of indexes defined on my data, so
writes aren't that fast to begin with, and won't be that fast with
Mnesia.  I'm all about read speed.  :)

--
Shawn.

  Your reasoning powers are good, and you are a fairly good planner.