ensure_started

Matthias Lang matthias@REDACTED
Mon Mar 3 22:03:27 CET 2003

 sean> All I need to do now is stick a proxy in front of the thing
 sean> which generates the HTTP CONNECT mechanism and I'm in.. unless
 sean> you've already got a solution for that?

Try

  http://www.taiyo.co.jp/~gotoh/ssh/connect.html

 luke> Not sure that I understand. Is the problem that your outgoing port 80
 luke> connections are intercepted by a proxy server which mangles them?

Yep, that's exactly what happens.

HTTP 1.1 finally added a simple way of getting from A to B: instead of
issuing a 'GET' request, you say 'CONNECT <host> <port>' and you get a
clear socket channel there.

Matt