Erlang vs Linux

Kenneth Lundin kenneth@REDACTED
Mon Mar 3 18:22:54 CET 2003

Hi,

Just to make things clear about the patent regarding Erlang used in a
special way in a special application.

Ericsson relased Erlang as Open Source because we want many users of Erlang.

All that Joe Armstrong has written below is correct, I see no problem
whatsoever with Erlang applications written by Open Source users , they
do not violate any patent by Ericsson just because they are written in
Erlang and uses the OTP components and concepts.

Regards Kenneth Lundin (Product Manager within Ericsson for Erlang/OTP)

--
Kenneth Lundin              Ericsson AB
kenneth@REDACTED     ÄT2/UAB/UKH/K