^G/^C in shell on Windows

Vlad Dumitrescu vlad_dumitrescu@REDACTED
Tue Jun 17 14:49:56 CEST 2003

Hi,

I noticed that ^G doesn't work for me: what it seems to do is just start
another shell (or restart the other one), because I get the "Eshell
V5.2.3.3" banner and the prompt is reset to 1.

Pressing ^C on the other hand, prints the "BREAK: (a)bort....." message but
doesn't wait for any input, it just ends execution. Sometimes not even the
message gets printed but the program crashes (there comes a "The memory
could not be read" error), but I think this latter has to do with port
programs running.

This is in erl.exe, not werl.exe. Werl works fine.

Should I gather some more data and submit it for analysis, or is it a known
thing?

regards,
Vlad