BSD Firewall (long)

Chris Pressey cpressey@REDACTED
Wed Jul 23 20:22:38 CEST 2003

On Wed, 09 Jul 2003 22:46:12 -0700
Jay Nelson <jay@REDACTED> wrote:

> The thing I like best about OpenBSD is that it feels smaller than
> Linux and that most things are controlled by a single configuration
> file.  [...]

Sorry this is a bit late, but on the subject of BSD's, Matt Dillon has
recently created a fork of FreeBSD called DragonFlyBSD.  I mention it
here because while browsing the website I was struck by the similarity,
in some important aspects, to Erlang:

- lightweight processes
- preferred IPC mechanism is asynch message passing
- preferred mechanism for communicating arguments is tagged lists

It probably won't be a workable OS for another few years, but if you're
interested in watching it take shape, check out:

  http://www.dragonflybsd.org/

-Chris