Other things I don't get (WAS: Re: A Joeish Erlang distributi on (long))

Chandrashekhar Mullaparthi Chandrashekhar.Mullaparthi@REDACTED
Wed Jan 29 12:16:39 CET 2003

I couldn't agree more. I dont why anyone would want a human-readable format
for messages which are exchanged by machines. I think it(XML) was formulated
by people who couldn't debug their application when implementing a protocol
exchanging messages in binary format. A Tag,Length,Value form of encoding is
all we need.

I saw this as someone's signature...

There are 10 kinds of people in this world. Those who understand binary, and
those who don't.

cheers
Chandru

-----Original Message-----
From: Per Bergqvist [mailto:per@REDACTED]
Sent: 28 January 2003 23:17
To: Niclas Eklund
Cc: Per Bergqvist; erlang-questions@REDACTED
Subject: Other things I don't get (WAS: Re: A Joeish Erlang distribution
(long))

Regarding parlay they have now started to publish xml/soap interfaces.
xml/soap for traffical interfaces is even more bizarro.

I asked a colleague the other day if he could explain one good thing
with xml and the funny thing is that he was totally confused about
this too.

If I think xml as such is totally overrated, I believe that soap is
pure stupidity.  Since this xml hysteria has been bugging for quite
some time now it would be interesting to hear others opinions.

Am I way off here ???
(I'm sorry if this all sounds like I have pms, but I truly believe
that traffical interfaces should have simple and efficient codings.)

/Per

NOTICE AND DISCLAIMER: