Why Erlang is the best concurrent language available

Chandrashekhar Mullaparthi Chandrashekhar.Mullaparthi@REDACTED
Thu Jan 23 17:28:15 CET 2003

I agree with all comments made about why Erlang is so good. Learning erlang
after programming in C, C++ and Java was pure joy. I loved it so much, I
vowed that I wouldn't leave Ericsson until I found a job where I could use
Erlang.

Now it feels like I'm paid to have fun :)

That aside, xref does all that you want and more.

Checkout
http://www.erlang.org/ml-archive/erlang-questions/200201/msg00085.html to
see how you can integrate xref into your build process.

Chandru

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Newhuis [mailto:enewhuis@REDACTED]
Sent: 23 January 2003 16:02
To: erlang-questions@REDACTED
Subject: Re: Why Erlang is the best concurrent language available

<snipped>

1. Within a module I want strict explicit import rules.  I want the compiler
to bark if I use a module that I haven't explicity imported.  If not the
compiler then some sort of tool I can invoke from make.

2. Among interdependent modules I want something to check that all modules
actually exist before I run my code.  I need something I can invoke from
make.

I think these are the two things that are holding us up from claiming that
Erlang is ideal as Erlang can be.  So once we figure out how to do these
things we'll be very happy and convinced.

Sincerely,
Eric Newhuis

NOTICE AND DISCLAIMER: