FSM advantages?

Vance Shipley vances@REDACTED
Wed Jan 22 20:27:24 CET 2003

OK, I stand corrected.  The documentation for gen_fsm:sync_send_event/2,3
clearly says:

	If no reply is received within the specified time, the
	function call fails.

  -Vance

On Wed, Jan 22, 2003 at 01:48:51PM -0500, Vance Shipley wrote:
}
}  On Thu, Jan 23, 2003 at 03:18:01PM +0100, Eduardo Figoli wrote:
}  }
}  }  Thank you I've found the  function
}  }  sync_send_event(FsmRef, Event, Timeout) -> Reply
}  }  which does exactly what I need.
}  }
}  }  I just only need to know what's the reply term when the Timeout ocurr?
}
}  This doesn't seem to be documented does it?  I don't know the answer as
}  I've never found a reason to program synchronously in Erlang.  Try it and
}  see.  I suspect the answer is the atom timeout.
}
}  	-Vance
}