Joe's challenge

Vlad Dumitrescu (EAW) Vlad.Dumitrescu@REDACTED
Thu Jan 16 11:22:41 CET 2003

What about

"Wouldn't the sentence 'I want to put a hyphen between the words Fish
and And and And and Chips in my Fish-And-Chips sign' have been clearer
if quotation marks had been placed before Fish, and between Fish and
and, and and and And, and And and and, and and and And, and And and
and, and and and Chips, as well as after Chips?"

(fount on the 'net)

regards,
Vlad

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe Armstrong [mailto:joe@REDACTED]
Sent: Thursday, January 16, 2003 11:00 AM
To: Ulf Wiger
Cc: Chris Pressey; erlang-questions@REDACTED; Helen Taylor
Subject: Re: Structs (was RE: Record selectors)

  Golly, you're right.

  There once was a sign painter who had to make a sign saying:

	"James and son"

  He was  wasn't very good at  placing commas ,so he  asked the person
who wanted the sign:

  "Should there be a comma between James and and and and and son"

  Now  I'm not  sure about  the placement  of the  commas  between the
placement of commas between the and's.

  Challenge:  Produce a  valid English  sentence with  more  than five
consecutive ands.

/Joe