www_tools http client

Hakan Mattsson hakan@REDACTED
Wed Jan 15 10:02:43 CET 2003

On Tue, 14 Jan 2003, Shawn Pearce wrote:

Shawn> My problem is now that I'm trying to make this thing use non-active
Shawn> sockets, so I can passively poll for TCP data rather than get it via
Shawn> messages.
Shawn>
Shawn> My intended application is in a load testing tool where I may be
Shawn> getting back a few hundred KB of data per process, and having a few
Shawn> hundred processes running.  I'm wondering if I can get away with active
Shawn> sockets, or have to use passive.  The process won't do anything once
Shawn> the HTTP request is sent off other than receive data.

You could also consider using {active, once} as it gives you
the benefits of both {active, true} and {active, false}. The
usage is like active sockets without loosing the congestion
control in TCP/IP.

/Håkan

---
Håkan Mattsson
Ericsson
High Availability Software, DBMS Internals
http://www.ericsson.com/cslab/~hakan/