www_tools http client

Hal Snyder <>
Tue Jan 14 06:54:51 CET 2003

Sean's recent postings on http clients reminded me, there is a nice,
small http client in Joe Armstrong's contrib,

but it doesn't compile with recent releases of OTP. With apologies to
Joe, I've posted an updated version of url.erl at

The new version makes the jump from socket to gen_tcp, so it compiles
with R9. Also added are raw_post_url/3 and /4 entries.

There is a dependency on the url_parse.erl module from Joe's tarball,
but that compiles unmodified.

Comments/brickbats welcome. Caveat utilitor.