C# Interface?

Vance Shipley vances@REDACTED
Fri Feb 28 17:44:08 CET 2003

On Fri, Feb 28, 2003 at 10:30:48AM +0100, Vlad Dumitrescu wrote:
}
}  ............... I even mentioned it here, and the answer was that this
}  would impede with the Erlang node's stability (just like a linked-in driver
}  does, but since the external application is more complex, the chances for
}  it to crash are bigger).

I keep hearing this type of thing and always find it humorous.  If I
incorporate an Erlang node into a project I'm concerned about the
stability of the resulting system.  While Erlang could be a shared
application environment like, a Unix system, it isn't used that way
anywhere.  In OTP you see this philosophy in the release handler.
There is no way to add a new application on to a running system, you
may only upgrade.  So if we are always using the Erlang node to do
just the one job, and that job needs a linked in driver, why would
I be so concerned about the possibility of a node crashing because
my code was bad?  If my code is bad it doesn't work period.

Now I realize that it's a different situation if I'm proposing
introducing my hair brained linked in driver to the AXD project ...

	-Vance