Vlad Dumitrescu (EAW) <>
Thu Feb 27 14:55:43 CET 2003

> > ensure_started() ->
> This looks like code from fdoc. Sadly, I knew this was incorrect when
> I wrote it, as is my ref()-less and monitor()-less 'call'
> implementation when you get right down to it. Oops :-(

Yes, but it wasn't intended to be a criticism. In 99,999% cases it will work, and this is how I usually write it too. But since I had just bumped into the issue, I thought it might be interesting for people that just started with Erlang and the concurrency related thinking isn't very settled yet.

Another thought: this is such a widely used pattern that it might place in a standard library!?