fdoc: a poor man's 'edoc', or, what I stole from Lisp

Vlad Dumitrescu (EAW) Vlad.Dumitrescu@REDACTED
Thu Feb 27 14:36:33 CET 2003

> Just did a kinda fun hack. The idea is a semi-automatic documentation
> system that:
>
>   1. Can be queried online
>   2. Can find documentation by itself (nothing extra in Makefiles)
>   3. Has a simple documentation syntax that looks good in source files
>
> Basically, Lisp "docstrings".

Cool! It'd be super-cool if this was merged wit edoc, so that a describe could return a formatted edoc documentation. Well, not very useful in the shell, but in Emacs it could be handled nicely. Likewise maybe in Eclipse or even a future version of the Windows shell (or a Gnome/KDE shell).

regards,
Vlad