Erlang and Oracle

Scott Lystig Fritchie fritchie@REDACTED
Tue Feb 25 21:17:43 CET 2003

>>>>> "kb" == Kent Boortz <kent@REDACTED> writes:

kb> The ODBC application is not only for Windows. We run daily tests
kb> on Solaris 8, all 72 ODBC test cases are successful. Ingela kan
kb> answer this better but I think the driver work ok for Solaris and
kb> Linux (ODBC 3.0) with Oracle,

It has been ages since I've used ODBC on a UNIX platform.  Are you
using an ODBC client library provided by Oracle (is there such a
thing?), or perhaps unixODBC (http://www.unixodbc.org/), or perhaps
someone else's?

Back in the Sendmail day, I had used unixODBC.  It was a bit buggy
then, but Nick Gorham at EasySoft provided very prompt bugfixes.  If
he kept up at that rate, it must be quite stable by now.

-Scott