GUI & ex11

Vlad Dumitrescu (EAW) Vlad.Dumitrescu@REDACTED
Tue Feb 25 08:53:39 CET 2003

Hi all,

After all the debate about GUIs (which I hope isn't over yet :-) I came to think about one thing that is actually rather obvious, but hey, I'm not from the Unix world!

<idea> The language that Joe was looking for might very well be the X11 protocol! </idea>
Especially since there is a XPrint extension and also XFree86/Cygwin works on Windows.

Now I started converting Tobbe's old ex11 package to use the binary format (I'm one third through it), but am wondering why didn't anyone else thought about it before... Is there anything wrong with the approach? I can't see any showstoppers. Then one can start building a Xtoolkit entirely in Erlang :-)

Tobbe: I thought I would add ex11 to Jungerl, is this okay?

best regards,
Vlad