[Erlyaws-list] id -u

Erik Pearson erikp@REDACTED
Thu Feb 20 09:35:18 CET 2003

Forwarded to the Erlang list...

Claes Wikstrom wrote:

>I'd like to wait a while with this one. I'm (slowly) working on
>a little posix library for erlang. I grew ultra tired of all the
>idiotic linked in drivers I end up writing all the time.
>
>So, as soon as I get my act together I'll try to release as a standalone
>lib, my posix library. It contains fast calls to many of the clasical
>posix functions as a linked in driver. Obviously getuid() is there.
>
>Meanwhile I suggest you do whatever hackery you have to do :-(

I'd vote this library (or some type of suitable replacement) should be
rolled
into the Erlang distribution; perhaps some -module(posix), -module(win32),
etc.  You're not the only one growing tired.

Besides, given all the feedback from Perl and Python, system level libraries
tend to add value; some would see the lack of such as a definite minus
for Erlang.

--erikp--