Network benchmark

Eric Newhuis enewhuis@REDACTED
Fri Dec 12 16:59:22 CET 2003

> I haven't done anything more, but we have had Erlang merrily pushing
> through ~100Mbps of ethernet frames on PC hardware.

For what its worth we've been peaking at 512 Mbps in our Erlang system
and plan on going higher.  We run cool at over 128 Mbps.

> From Hal's report it's exciting to think you could have high
> throughput while actually bit-syntax hacking the packets as they went
> through!

We bit-syntax parse and store in ETS all of that traffic.  (Well we're
not actually storing the whole stream.  It is a transaction stream that
mutates the data in the ETS tables.)