how does timer: deal with real-time clock changes?

matthias@REDACTED matthias@REDACTED
Wed Dec 10 10:01:42 CET 2003

Hi,

On R7B-3 on PPC-linux, I just noticed that if I evaluate

  timer:apply_interval(1000, io, fwrite, ["."]).

and then wind back the system time by a large amount (two months), the
timer seems to stop/freeze/die. Winding the time forward by two months
causes the timer to execute io:fwrite as fast as it can, i.e. without
a pause, forever (well, at least as long as I watched).

Doing the same thing on R8A on my desktop seems to cause the timer to
stop/freeze in both cases.

It seems reasonable for the timer to mess up one interval when the
time is changed, but it doesn't seem reasonable for it to freeze or go
wild. Anyone know what's going on? Workaround?

Matthias