timestamps in sasl

Per Bergqvist per@REDACTED
Mon Aug 25 10:08:05 CEST 2003

Hi,

There seem to a bit more activity on the list now.
Since I had very little response on my previous posting I repeat
myself.

Timestamps for sasl are generated as local time (without timezone
indication). The user can optionally set the utc_log environment
variable to get time reported in UTC. Sasl will convert local -> utc
on the fly.
Note that the timestamp is still generated and stored as local time.

The problem with is that there is no unambiguous translation for all
local -> utc when you don't have the timezone (or rather dayligt
saving indication).

I my opinion the proper solution would be to generate and store all
timestamps in utc.

Any comments ?
(Anyone else even bother ?)

/Per