The wrapper project

Vladimir Sekissov svg@REDACTED
Fri Aug 22 17:07:53 CEST 2003

From: Joe Armstrong <joe@REDACTED>
Subject: Re: The wrapper project
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 16:10:22 +0200 (CEST)

joe> On Thu, 21 Aug 2003, Marc Ernst Eddy van Woerkom wrote:
joe>
joe> > >     Mplayer is currently commanded by mouse and keyboard events.
joe> > >
joe> > >     I'd like to add a wrapper so  I could control it from a socket, like
joe> > >   this:
joe> >
joe> > There must be test programs for X11 apps who have solved how to
joe> > simulate mouse and keyboard, I hope it is not necessary to
joe> > write special X device drivers.
joe>
joe>   Does anybody know of such a (free) program ?

I know about Android:

http://www.wildopensource.com/larry-projects/android.html

This sort of programs use standard Xtest extention of X11 which allows
you send events to GUI in textual form.

Best Regards,
Vladimir Sekissov