The wrapper project

Joe Armstrong joe@REDACTED
Thu Aug 21 14:19:56 CEST 2003

On 21 Aug 2003, Luke Gorrie wrote:

> Joe Armstrong <joe@REDACTED> writes:
>
> >   I have convinced myself of the following:
> >
> > 	1) Systems must be made of *isolated* components.
> > 	2) The components must communicate by asynchronous message passing
> > 	... (and a few more things which are not relevant to this discussion)
>
> Madness!

  Thanks

> One language! One address space! Surrender now and Emacs will be
> merciful!

  Thus is is writ:

  ..

  21. Yea, even though my program hath no errors, I say unto you that
verily verily thy neighbours program shalt thy program crasheth.

  22. Thus go thou and may it me done that thy program shall not it's
address space mixether with ye others programs, and let it be done that
thou program shall talk in many tongues to all the programs of the world.

  23. And thus there will be great rejocing and singing in the streets and
dancing, and celebration, and consuming of Freakstones old undrinkable
mixtures.

  24. And they  that do not heed  my world -  yea I say unto  you that
their programs shall  crasheth, not worketh and be  delivered lateth -
and  there will  be much  nashing of  teeth, bearing  of  breasts, and
dispare throghout the land.

  Nebelkenizer Book 4 Chap 14 verses 21-24.

/Joe