Mnesia tables: load times and sizes after deletion

Dan Gudmundsson dgud@REDACTED
Mon Aug 18 11:47:00 CEST 2003

Bruce Fitzsimons writes:

 > > The file size should adjust at every log dump,
 > > and a load time of minutes seems a bit slow, perhaps, but
 > > I wouldn't want to swear that it's abnormal.
 >
 > How can I force a log dump?

mnesia:dump_log()

 > Do they happen periodically under Mnesia or do I
 > need to initiate a backup or something?

Default it's every thousend write or third minute if I remember correctly.
But that moves the updates (for disc_copies) to another log TAB.DCL which
contains the table specific updates. A new DCD file is generated when
the DCL is larger than 1/4 of the DCD size.