Building OTP R9C-0 on OpenBSD 3.3

Rick Pettit rpettit@REDACTED
Thu Aug 14 19:12:32 CEST 2003

Sorry if this is a duplicate (don't think my previous email made it to the
list).

I finally got R9C to build, after doing the following:

  1) ./configure --with-ssl=/usr/include/openssl

      Configure succeeds, but build will fail as OPENSSL_CMD is incorrectly set
      to /usr/include/openssl/bin/openssl

  2) manually modify appropriate Makefile to hard-code OPENSSL_CMD

It is worth noting that a vanilla "./configure" with no args used to work just
fine with R9B-1. Not being terribly familiar with autotools I am doing my
best to work with the otp_src_R9C-0/erts/configure.in to patch for OpenBSD 3.3

I have attached a diff that I am having trouble getting to work, perhaps
someone can shed some light on what I am doing wrong?

Thanks.

-Rick

P.S. It is also worth noting that I needed to apply one patch to get os_mon to
     build (same patch to memsup.c as was recommended on list for R9B-1). This
     could also be fixed with modified version of the configure.in for os_mon
     no doubt.

P.P.S. Once I figure the "right" way to patch the appropriate configure.in's,
       is anyone willing to test and perhaps include in the next release so
       that a vanilla build on OpenBSD does not require special args to
       configure or patches to src and/or Makefiles?