ErlInterface

Kent Boortz kent@REDACTED
Wed Aug 13 22:42:15 CEST 2003

Rick Pettit <rpettit@REDACTED> writes:
> I include both ei.h and ei_connect.h in my sample program, and call
>
>   int ei_connect_xinit(...);
>
> and get an error about implicit definition. I then look and see no prototype
> for this in ei_connect.h. Is this intentional?

In R9C? The file "ei_connect.h" is for now just an include of "ei.h"

  #ifndef EI_CONNECT_H
  #define EI_CONNECT_H

  /* Dummy for now.... */

  #include "ei.h"

  #endif /* EI_CONNECT_H */

and "ei.h" does contain the prototype for ei_connect_xinit().  In R9C
all documented prototypes and macro definitions where tested for
header definition problems (except the return types) and linking
problems compiling two "fake" programs that use them all. If you build
from source you can do this test using something like

  % export ERL_TOP=/your/erlang/top
  % cd $ERL_TOP/lib/erl_interface/src
  % gmake -f yourtarget/Makefile check

kent