Distribution with Mnesia

Serge Aleynikov serge@REDACTED
Tue Aug 12 12:50:45 CEST 2003

Ulf,

I wonder in case of your suggested use of the msesia's distribution
what's the penalty of a restart of an "extra" node?  Apparently, the
first thing such a node would do is call wait_for_table().  In my small
experiments a call to this function on a mnesia node containing a disk
image of a 15M table took a couple of minutes to complete (which seemed
conciderably long, as I would think that the disk image uses binary
format and involves no parsing).  If both primary and "extra" nodes
reside in the same LAN, is the wait_for_table() call on the "extra"
diskless distributed node is as slow (or even slower due to LAN speed
vs. disk speed) than calling it on the primary node?

Serge