Nigerians scams and p0rn spam.

Kent Boortz kent@REDACTED
Sat Aug 9 19:13:27 CEST 2003

Marc Ernst Eddy van Woerkom <Marc.Vanwoerkom@REDACTED> writes:
> >  It is no problem for us to change this if the members on this list can
> >  agree that the email addresses should be removed or how they should be
> >  changed not to be visible to the robots that collect them,
>
> The quick fix is to remove the email adresses from the web version
> of the mailing list archive.

I did change the old HTML pages and configured the mail2html program
to hide the names but it was just brought to my attention that
www.erlang.org is not the only place where the erlang-question list is
viewable from a web server.

The mailing list is sent out to gmane.org as well (I don't think we at
Ericsson added this, it is just an email address on the list). This
means that the mails goes unaltered to gmane.org and can be viewable
there with email addresses

  http://news.gmane.org/thread.php?group=gmane.comp.lang.erlang.bugs
  http://news.gmane.org/thread.php?group=gmane.comp.lang.erlang.general
  http://news.gmane.org/thread.php?group=gmane.comp.lang.erlang.patches

So if we really want to hide the addresses we have to filter the mails
sent to gmane.org and maybe other places as well.

I have undone my changes to the HTML archive and mail2html program,
we have to come up with a solution, if any, that really works,

kent