Win DLL for ssl:start()

Kent Boortz kent@REDACTED
Sat Aug 9 04:08:00 CEST 2003

Erik J Pearson <erik.pearson@REDACTED> writes:
> Does anyone know any info about the DLL used to build
> the R9C0 win binary otp_win32_R9C-0.exe?
>
> I installed it last night, but ssl:start(). failed because
> it couldn't find the correct DLL.  (I don't have the name
> on me right now unfortunately.)
>
> Is this DLL freely available?

I think the relevant section from the source distribution README.win32 is

  * OpenSSL for Windows. This is if you want the SSL and crypto
  applications to compile (and run). Go to http://www.openssl.org, click
  on the "Related" link and then on the "Binaries" link (upper right
  corner of the page last time I looked), you can then reach the
  "Shining Lights Productions" Web site for Windows binaries
  distributions. Get the latest or 0.9.7b if you get trouble with the
  latest. It's a nifty installer. The rest should be handled by
  configure, you needn't put anything in the path or anything.

In the manual for the Erlang/OTP ssl application you can read

      For <c>Win32</c> it is only required that the libraries can be
      found from the <c>PATH</c> environment variable, or that they
      reside in the appropriate <c>SYSTEM32</c> directory; hence no
      particular relinking is need. Hence no example <c>Makefile</c>
      for Win32 is provided.

kent