Standard OTP build systems.

Jeff Einhorn jeinhorn@REDACTED
Thu Aug 7 19:13:11 CEST 2003

I'm curious to know if there is an ongoing efforts to create standard
build system for creating erlang OTP apps.  I know we have built our own
here and I assume many other erlang/OTP developers have done the same.
I think a refined erlang/OTP build system would go a long way to making
erlang/OTP slightly easier to create.  Some examples of refinements
might be as follows.
1) The ability to generate template applications.
2) The ability to generate template releases.
3) The ability to generate template unit tests for an
applicaiton/release.
4) Currently we spend a brief amount of time porting third party erlang
software into our OTP/Apps and build system.  A standard build system
might allow third party software to integrate better.
     thanks for your time,
	-jeff

--
Jeffrey M. Einhorn
Platform Systems Design and Integration Manager