Directory structure for a release

Chris Williams chris.williams@REDACTED
Mon Apr 28 10:47:27 CEST 2003

> Does the boot script list only the modules that are actually
> used, or does it list all modules in a given application?  Or
> more to the point, in an embedded system, are only the
> used modules loaded or all modules loaded that are part
> of any application that is loaded?
The boot script lists what modules that are defined by the modules
parameter in your application file ("app" file).
(See http://www.erlang.se/doc/doc-5.2/lib/kernel-2.8.0/doc/html/app.html)
This file should be in the "ebin" directory of your application.

When the boot script is generated it fetches the module information from
all "app" files. i.e. all applications files (Including erlangs)
that are defined in your "rel" file.
(http://www.erlang.se/doc/doc-5.2/lib/sasl-1.9.4/doc/html/rel.html)

If you use the flag '-mode embedded' it will only load the modules that
are defined in your generated boot file.
//Chris
ps  You can look in the "script" file that is generated at the same time
as the boot file to see what files are loaded.