invoking functions on a remote machine without erl running

Vladimir Sekissov svg@REDACTED
Thu Apr 24 23:08:09 CEST 2003

Good day,

hp> Now, due to some regulations, I could not leave a
hp> process such as erl on hp@REDACTED 24 hours a day.
hp> So, how do I perform Mod:Fun in this case when
hp> there is no erl running on hp@REDACTED ??
hp>
hp> One way I can think of is:
hp> on hp@REDACTED, I can use os:cmd("rsh m2 /path/to/erl") and

You can configure hp@REDACTED as slave node. Please look documentation on
`slave' module.

Another option is `erl_call', which can start node if necessary.
Binary is in:

$ERL_ROOT/lib/erl_interface-*.*.*/bin/erl_call

hp> What if m2 asks for password when I do 'rsh m2 ...' ?

Both, ssh and rsh, have options to allow login without asking a
password.

For rsh it is .rhosts file in user directory on remote host if I don't
forget.

Best Regards,
Vladimir Sekissov