optimization ?

HP Wei hp@REDACTED
Wed Apr 23 01:34:12 CEST 2003

Thank you very much for giving various pointers.
I will pick up the tool fprof.

I looked at the codes in file.erl in the lib/kernel/src and found
that all system file related operations are done through a file server.
The overhead perhaps explains why this function for extracting
a list of subdirectories is slow (in comparison to python's version
which calls a C-function directly as I understand).

Perhaps, if necessary, I will
need to  study the foreign language interface in Erlang.

--HP