OTP development, was Re: Gaga about bifs

Bengt Kleberg eleberg@REDACTED
Mon Apr 14 07:52:25 CEST 2003

> Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 20:15:58 -0400 (EDT)
> Subject: Re: Re: OTP development, was Re: Gaga about bifs
> To: erlang-questions@REDACTED
> From: Garry Hodgson <garry@REDACTED>
...deleted

> has anyone thought about a process like the PEP process
> used by python?  it is described in detail at
> http://www.python.org/peps/pep-0001.html ,
> but briefly:
>
> What is a PEP?
>
>       PEP stands for Python Enhancement Proposal.  A PEP is a design
>       document providing information to the Python community, or
>       describing a new feature for Python.  The PEP should provide a
>       concise technical specification of the feature and a rationale for
>       the feature.
>
>       We intend PEPs to be the primary mechanisms for proposing new
>       features, for collecting community input on an issue, and for
>       documenting the design decisions that have gone into Python.  The
>       PEP author is responsible for building consensus within the
>       community and documenting dissenting opinions.

and then there is http://srfi.schemers.org/
it does the same thing for a community with a very large amount of
implementations. sort of opposite of erlang. however, there was a lot
of very knowledgable people that designed the srfi process.

bengt