help with installation

Mickael Remond mickael.remond@REDACTED
Fri Apr 4 15:22:21 CEST 2003

HP Wei <hp@REDACTED> writes:

> I built and installed Erlang on a
> Sun (Solaris 5.8 with gcc) in my office.
> Everything run ok after I invoke it with 'erl'
> -- I can do 'toolbar:start().'
>
> However, after I copied the whole directory of ~/erlang/...
> onto the Sun machine (Solaris 5.8) at home,  I had the following
> problem.
>
> Invoking erl is ok.  I can get into the interpreter and
> run 'string:tokens(...).'.
> But 'toolbar:start().' give me the error message:
> ** exited: {startup_timeout,toolbar} **
>
> Perhaps, some setting is not right. Or some libraries are missing.
> Could someone tell me what is  missing on my home machine ??

If I guess well, you might not have the proper TCL/TK library on your
target machine.
The toolbar depends on the GS application that depends on TK.

This might be the cause of your problem.
However, it is ofter safer to do a clean install of the Erlang
environment. The 'configure' will warn you in case of missing
libraries.

--
Mickaël Rémond
http://www.erlang-projects.org/