Transient "Beowulf" cluster of Erlang nodes.

Thomas Arts thomas.arts@REDACTED
Thu Apr 3 13:08:19 CEST 2003

That sounds like a very good application of the
leader election behaviour that Ulf Wiger and I wrote two
weeks ago.

The leader election behaviour let you select a set of
nodes from which one leader has to be selected.
These nodes are your PC's.
If more than 50% of the PC's is started, a leader is
chosen (well, it has some way to choose among a
smaller subset, but that is rather dubious).

The leader will be known by all involved processes
and can be taken as the central node, since the
leader knows all participating processes (even those
that come in later).

Ask Ulf whether you can have the source code. It is
produced insite Ericsson, thus I cannot disctribute the code.

You would be a beta tester of the code :0).

/Thomas

---
ACM Sigplan Erlang Workshop
Call for papers: http://www.erlang.se/workshop/2003/