Make replacement for Erlang - suggestions?

Matthias Lang matthias@REDACTED
Fri Sep 20 09:59:37 CEST 2002

Bengt Kleberg writes:

 > >   - 'make' systems are a very soft target. Lots of strange rules to
 > >     make them work around all sorts of local problems makes them
 > >     inherently ugly.

 > i would take this as a reason to create a new system for building
 > software. better suited to the task than 'make'.

I can't prove my conjecture, whereas you can prove yours (by coming up
with a make system so much better than gnumake that people switch to
it in spite of the inconvenience of having to learn something new).

I look forward to being proven wrong.

Others have had similar ideas:

  http://directory.google.com/Top/Computers/Software/Build_Management/Make_Tools/

Matt